Lean Practices & Increasing Productivity
Who should attend?
This course is for managers who want to prepare a service improvement project using lean production and improvement methodologies.
Why should you attend?
Maintaining efficiency and reducing waste is a key responsibility of middle managers. Understanding how to use lean production and improvement methods to measure and analyse service problems will ensure success. You will learn how to develop a service improvement project; a project proposal which uses lean production methods. You will also learn how to evaluate a range of lean production methods and compare and contrast those currently employed within the organisation.
During this 3-session course you will learn:
- Principals of lean production (DMAIC), six sigma, kaizen/continuous improvement and related models
- Importance of problem definition; range of techniques to identify problems and their root causes and measurement.
- Role, purpose, content and structure of a project proposal
- Organisational drivers and stakeholders in relation to an improvement project
- Criteria for judging the appropriateness of a project proposal
- Techniques to analyse data using diagrams, charts, histograms etc.
- Reason for common cause and special cause variation
This course offers you an opportunity to look closely at your skills, characteristics and current performance levels, as well as give you the chance to identify some key development opportunities. You will exit this course being more self-aware and know what you need to focus on to develop your service improvement.
For those seeking to measure their behaviours more closely, ask about completing the DiSC profiling.
For those seeking recognition for their learning, this course is based on the ILM unit: Preparing to Apply Lean Production and Improvement Methodologies to Operational Problems in Service Delivery Successful completion of the assignment will result in the achievement in 8 credits at Level 5.
For those seeking to achieve a qualification at Level 5, you will need to achieve a further 1 credit for the ILM Award or 5 credits for the ILM Certificate.
Course: £364.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 1:00PM @ Twigworth Business Centre