Leading Innovation & Change
Who should attend?
This course is for managers who want to develop a better understanding of leading innovation and change in their own organisation. Pitched at level 5, this course is suitable for existing or aspiring middle/senior managers.
Why should you attend?
Multidimensional leaders understand the need for innovation and change in their organisation and recognise the value in challenging the status-quo to continually improve. During this course you will learn a range of techniques that will help you deliver improvements to your organisation, generate innovative options, assess viability, feasibility and capacity, and create plans to make change happen.
During this 4-session course you will learn to:
- Innovation and business performance
- Concept of creativity and innovation and the conditions to encourage them
- Financial & social benefits of innovation
- Radical & incremental innovation
- Effective management of change
- Leadership & change e.g. transactional/transformational leadership
- Environmental & organisational analyses e.g. PESTLE and SWOT
- Techniques for critical decision making
- Methods of determining feasibility, viability & contingency planning
- Quantitative and qualitative information in problem solving techniques
- Assessing risks associated with change
- Stakeholder mapping
- Skills & competencies required to manage innovation and change
- Organisation and coordination of resources and activities to achieve planned change, including the use of Gantt charts and network planning tools
- The role of communication in overcoming barriers
This course enables you to look at areas of your organisation and determine where improvements could be made. You will have time to explore and apply innovative thinking and ‘work through’ an idea and progress it to a change programme.
For those seeking to measure their management behaviours in this area more closely, ask about completing the DiSC Behavioural Profiling questionnaire.
For those seeking recognition for their learning, this course is based on the ILM unit: Leading Innovation and Change. Successful completion of the assignment will result in the achievement of 5 credits at Level 5.
For those seeking to achieve a qualification at Level 5, you will need to achieve a further 1 credit for the ILM Award or 8 credits for the ILM Certificate.
Course: £410.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 1:00PM @ Online via MS Teams