ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management
Who should attend?
This course is for middle managers. These are people with a fairly wide span of control that would possibly include a tier of Team Leaders and First Line Managers. Middle managers have autonomy in their area of responsibility and may be involved in recruitment, performance management, promotions and discipline. They hold budgets and a degree of financial accountability, and may negotiate directly with customers and suppliers. Middle managers may be project managers and will be responsible for planning, quality and meeting targets.
Why should you attend?
The quality of every organisation is directly related to the quality of its management, regardless of size or sector. This course will provide you with a solid foundation for your formal development in the middle management role by providing you with knowledge and understanding of management issues.
During this course you will cover the following:
Days 1 & 2 Trainer: Stephen Whitbourn
- Evaluate your own leadership styles and learn to adapt them to situations and people
- Use theories of emotional intelligence to gauge the effect of emotions on performance
- Create a vision, build alignment and champion execution
- Motivate, delegate and empower others to improved performance
Days 3 & 4 Trainer: Jason Chatwin
- Quality and customers (planning, assurance, control and audit)
- Quality Management Systems
- Tools and Techniques of quality
- The costs of quality (positive and negative)
- Benchmarking service standards
- Scoping and developing improvement plans
- Implementing, monitoring and reporting on improvement plans
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development
- This qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
There are 2 Assignments to be completed during this course and successful completion will result in the following qualification: ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management
Upon successful completion of a Level 5 Certificate you will be eligible to undertake a Level 6 BA in Business & Enterprise or BA (Hons) in Leadership & Management in just one year. Delegates with sufficient competence and experience in management may be able to enrol without the Level 5 Certificate. Please contact Michaela Cozens on 01452 733546 for further details.
Registration fee: £99.00 (no VAT)
Time & Location
9:30AM until 4:30PM @ Twigworth Court Business Centre