Managing Equality & Diversity at Work
Who should attend?
Anyone who would benefit from learning how to manage diversity at work. Managers, supervisors or team leaders will definitely benefit from understanding more about current legislation and ethical practice when dealing with Equality & Diversity issues in the workplace.
Why should you attend?
Sometimes we feel as though it’s like walking through a mine-field when dealing with others who are different to ourselves. This course helps you to navigate that minefield and will help you gain understanding of the law surrounding the many confusing situations and practices which relate to diversity in our workplaces.
Following this course, you will
- Be able to explain what the law states around E&D at work
- Understand what dignity at work actually means for all of us
- Understand what constitutes harassment, bullying and victimisation in the workplace
- Dress codes and discrimination
- The business case for diversity and how to create a diverse workforce
- Understand equality impact assessments
- How to create an inclusive culture
- Examples of good practice in equality and diversity
- Evaluate your organisation's policies and procedures relating to equality & Diversity
- How to challenge inequalities and discrimination in the workplace
For those seeking recognition for their learning, this course is based on the ILM unit: Managing Equality and Diversity in the Workplace. Successful completion of the assignment will result in the achievement of 4 credits.
For those seeking to achieve a Leadership & Management qualification at Level 4, you will need to achieve a further 1 credit for the ILM Award or 9 credits for the ILM Certificate.
Course: £364.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 1:00PM @ Twigworth Business Centre