Understanding Quality Management
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at developing the knowledge and understanding of quality management within the workplace for supervisors and first line managers.
Why should you attend?
To develop your knowledge and understanding of the Total Quality Management (TQM) concept.
This course is delivered over two sessions during which you will learn about:
- Quality and its importance to customers (internal and external)
- The difference between quality assurance and quality control
- The difference between design quality and process quality standards
- The cost of quality (positive and negative aspects)
- The Total Quality Management (TQM) concept
- Quality systems (such as TQM, Kaizen, Continuous improvement, Kanban etc.) and quality standards such as ISO 9000, EFQM and IiP
- The benefits (and any disadvantages) of accreditation against quality standards, and how to gain it
- Practical steps to quality - team approaches
- Records for maintaining quality
- Tools for quality - the role of statistics in quality control as relevant to the organisation
For those seeking recognition for their learning, this course is based on the ILM unit: Understanding Quality Management in the Workplace. Successful completion of the assignment will result in the achievement of 2 credits at Level 3.
For those seeking to achieve a qualification at Level 3, you will need to achieve a further 2 credits for the ILM Award of 11 credits for the ILM Certificate.
Course: £252.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 1:00PM @ Twigworth Business Centre