Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at individuals and line managers who need a better understanding of how mental health issues can affect behaviours and performance in the workplace. This course will provide help and signposting to local and national support available to help improve mental health for individuals.
Why should you attend?
You might not be talking about it, because mental health is sometimes still considered a taboo subject. But there are small, simple steps you can take to make your workplace mentally healthier. Starting a conversation about mental health doesn't have to be difficult and this course will help you know where to start.
This course is delivered over a half-day session during which you will learn:
- The facts and data that supports the relevance of mental health in the workplace
- Understand that mental health is a continuum - covering the journey of mental health as an asset right through to mental illness
- Understand the types of mental ill health
- Cover the myths around mental health
- Set the right language principles to talk about mental health
- Understand the signs and symptoms of most prominent mental illness in the workplace
- Understand the risk factors and triggers in the workplace
- Identify situations and recommended approaches to help and support colleagues.
For those seeing recognition for their learning, this course is based on the ILM unit: Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace. Successful completion of the assignment will result in the achievement of 2 credits at Level 3.
For those seeking to achieve a qualification at Level 3, you will need to achieve a further 2 credits for the ILM Award of a further 11 credits for the ILM Certificate.
Course: £8.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 1:00PM @ Twigworth Business Centre