Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to gain an understanding of Microsoft Project as an effective software tool for Project Planning, Task Scheduling, Tracking, Evaluation and Reporting. An understanding of project management techniques would be beneficial but is not essential.
Why should you attend?
The Microsoft suite of business tools was expanded back in 1997 to include Project: a management tool for controlling resources, time, personnel or skill against a set project deadline. The capabilities to accept milestones, task information and of course task deadlines, means that modern companies can allow project management to be processed electronically.
The generation of critical paths, task lists, resource charts and many other reports makes MS Project an essential business software.
Trainees should be competent at the Windows interface with the concept of files and folders. General mouse operating skills and keyboard familiarity is needed, although fast typing skills are not necessary.
- Enter tasks with durations
- Group tasks into Summary Tasks
- Create task relationships
- Create recurring tasks
- Hyperlink to other documentation
- Create Milestones and Deadlines
- Create Resources and a Resource Pool, and assign resources to tasks
- Identify and resolve resource conflicts
- Identify and use the Critical Path
- Create company and individual calendars
- Create and use a Baseline
- Update activities and compare actuals with plans
- Import a copy of the Gantt chart into Word and PowerPoint
- Filter data to produce meaningful views
- Produce a wide range of useful reports
- Create a Master project with links from individual projects
Course: £205.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 4:30PM @ Twigworth Court Business Centre