MSc in Entrepreneurial Leadership
Who should attend?
The programme will be of value to anyone who has ambitious career aspirations but struggles to find a masters programme which guides them on how best to achieve these personal goals.
Why should you attend?
In response to the increasingly turbulent and complex nature of business, there is an appreciation of individuals capable of managing “unknown unknowns” (Greenberg, McKone-Sweet & Wilson, 2011) and those displaying entrepreneurial leader knowledge and skills are, and will continue to be increasingly valued by employers.
This programme has been developed to enable graduates to complete and differentiate themselves as entrepreneurial leaders in this challenging and rapidly changing economic climate. All training is delivered at the right level, in the right context and has practical application. Cohorts will comprise managers from different industries and sectors who will provide the right stimulus for learning and offer both challenge and inspiration to each other. You will work with this cohort for the duration of the programme (20 months)
This blended programme is delivered through a combination of face-to-face workshops supported with an online presence from the tutor.
The "60 credit" modules will utilise a combination of face-to-face, Elluminate/Video conferencing and online presence to maintain the student/tutor contact including a virtual office hour for students to “drop in”.
Attendance at the workshops is compulsory due to the interactive nature of entrepreneurial learning. It comprises five main modules:
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Leading Strategic Decision Making
- Professional Leadership Practice
- Signature Leadership Project
- By examining a range of entrepreneurial leadership scholarship you will develop your personal knowledge and skills to enhance your entrepreneurial leadership capability to lead and manage change through embracing, creating, shaping it and, where appropriate, doing so at speed.
- By using a variety of contemporary entrepreneurial frameworks to explore the entrepreneurial architecture, and how to evaluate this using a corporate audit. The role and importance of corporate entrepreneurship is also considered.
- You will critically explore leadership processes and critique how leadership fosters creativity and innovation in organisations. The module examines both the hard and soft aspects of leadership and critically appraises how leaders interact with followers and fosters an innovation culture in organisations.
- A key principle of entrepreneurial leadership is the critical and deep understanding of yourself. You will be encouraged to understand personal identity, in terms of values, drivers, background and to reflect on capabilities and limitations.
- You’ll raise your awareness of your own capabilities and develop their capacity to make a difference through adopting new knowledge acquired during your studies and applying this to issues facing business and society.
If you would like to enrol on the masters programme, please contact Michaela Cozens on 01452 733546.
Entry qualifications will be in accordance with those prescribed by university regulations, and include: Any Honours degree, BA Business & Enterprise, ILM Level 6 Diplomas (Some Level 5 Diplomas maybe acceptable, please enquire).
Course: £7,500.00 (no VAT)
Time & Location
9:30AM until 4:30PM @ Edinburgh Napier University