Introduction to Marketing
Who should attend?
The aim of this course is to develop basic knowledge and understanding of marketing as required by a practising or potential first line manager. Those with direct input into marketing activities in their organisation will find the practical application of this course beneficial to themselves and their organisation.
Why should you attend?
All managers should have an appreciation of the marketing function, primarily because it centres on understanding customers’ wants, needs and expectations. This course introduces first line managers to give a basic understanding of marketing in business. We'll introduce you to the ‘7Ps’ marketing mix, market segmentation, planning, advertising and promotion.
During this short course, you will learn about:
- Simple definition of marketing and its relevance to the organisation
- The idea of the Marketing Mix (product, price, place and promotion)
- The 7P model for services
- Nature and role of market segmentation
- Outline of market planning and its purpose
- Sales promotion and advertising methods
- Public and customer relations activities
- Simple organisational SWOT analysis in the marketing context
For those seeking recognition for their learning, this course is based on the ILM unit: Understanding Marketing For Managers. Successful completion of the assignment will result in the achievement in 1 credit at Level 3.
For those seeking to achieve a qualification at Level 3, you will need to achieve a further 3 credits for the ILM Award or 12 credits for the ILM Certificate.
Course: £198.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 4:30PM @ Twigworth Court Business Centre