ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership & Management
Who should attend?
This is a professional development programme designed for new and aspiring middle managers. It provides training and development in vital skills that helps managers get to grips with their role, gain comprehensive business knowledge, and develop the technical skills they need to lead effectively at this level.
Why should you attend?
This qualification programme is designed for new and aspiring middle managers. It is purposely designed to help learners gain a full understanding of their role, gain comprehensive business knowledge and develop the technical skills they need to lead effectively at this level.
During this 4-session course you will cover the following:
Session 1 to 3 - Jason Chatwin
- The nature & purpose of organisations, including mission, value statements & stakeholders needs
- Organisational structures and the range of management functions within
- The roles and responsibilities of managers at varying levels in an organisation
- The management task, including planning, organising, motivating and controlling
- A range of management styles, as well as the differences between management and leadership
- The importance of organisational goals and objectives and how to manage them
- A range of human behaviours, including cultural and individual differences
- Respect for others, including the balance between trust and control
- Communications and methods to overcome particular challenges
- The importance of feedback skills to facilitate communication and workplace relationships
- The importance of image/presentation, social skills and non-verbal communications
- Personal management styles and their effects on situations and individuals
- Using self-assessment and 360 feedback to assess own knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Formal and informal personal development methods
Session 4 - Kevin Holt
- Applicable laws and legislation relating to risk management
- Internal risk management policies and procedures
- Principles of risk management
- Types of hazards and risks e.g. environmental, technological, information, physical.
- How to identify the circumstances and consequences of hazards & risks
- Identify prevention and control measures
- 5 steps to risk, prioritisation of risk and objective likelihood and impact
- Risk management registers, planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Consolidate your management skills and experience
- Build knowledge of specialist business areas such as finance, marketing, change, quality & leadership development
- Develop the capabilities and personal awareness you need to be a leader
- Middle managers will have an advanced understanding of their role and function in your organisation
- Managers are better able to assess and improve their own leadership styles and behaviours
There are 2 Assignments to be completed during this course and successful completion will result in the following qualification: ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership & Management.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- ILM Level 5 Award or Certificate in Leadership and Management
Registration fee: £96.00 (no VAT)
Time & Location
9:30AM until 1:00PM @ Twigworth Business Centre