ILM Level 3 Award in Effective Coaching
Who should attend?
The ILM Level 3 Award in Effective Coaching is for Team Leaders and First Line Managers. Its aim is to equip them with knowledge, skills and confidence to perform effectively as workplace coaches as part of their normal working role. There are no formal entry requirements, but participants will normally be practicing team leaders or first line managers.
Why should you attend?
Two reasons: Firstly, management styles based on “command and control” are rapidly giving way to more consultative, problem-solving approaches to improving workplace performance. Secondly, as more companies experience difficulties in recruiting the right staff, they find themselves looking at “developing from within”.
Either way, the result is the emergence of a new set of skills requirements for Team Leaders and Supervisors; and these are coaching skills. This course is short, concise and practical. Its aim is to give your Team leaders and Supervisors the skills and confidence to listen, communicate, motivate and inspire better performance from their staff and themselves.
This is a 4-session programme.
During this course you will cover the following:
- What is good practice in workplace coaching?
- What are the responsibilities of a workplace coach?
- How to assess learning needs and agree learning outcomes
- How to organise workplace coaching sessions and monitor progress
- Improve own communications style and give meaningful feedback to staff
- Keeping records of development
- Opportunities to undertake supervised coaching in the workplace
- Know what it takes to be an effective coach in your workplace
- Understand how coaching works – learn a coaching model, and the tools and techniques to support it
- Put your new skills into practice in your job – carry out supervised coaching sessions
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own coaching ability
- Implement coaching to improve performance in your organisation
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching culture in your organisation by developing your managers as truly effective coaches
There are 3 Assignments to be completed during this course and successful completion will result in the following qualification: ILM Level 3 Award in Effective Coaching.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
ILM Level 3 Certificate in Effective Coaching
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching & Mentoring
Registration fee: £86.00 (no VAT)
Time & Location
9:30AM until 1:00PM @ Online via MS Teams