Delegation Skills & Setting Objectives
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who wants more time, less stress, improved organisation skills and greater confidence when managing others. The course is pitched at level 3 because it’s a fundamental people management skill, however, its application is at all levels.
Why should you attend?
We can all spin plates and some more than others, but there’s only so much you can do before the standard of your work suffers, your health takes a similar pathway and your relationships with colleagues and customers becomes strained. This is a truism for everyone, not just you!
The benefits of being organised and delegating work to others is well documented; the reasons why you feel you cannot or should not delegate are well formed and argued too, but the simple matter remains that organising and delegating are skills that can be learned. Use them effectively and your own performance will greatly improve.
During this course you will learn:
- The importance of planning the team’s work to achieve objectives
- Techniques for deciding the most appropriate individual to undertake the activity
- The importance of making effective and efficient use of people’s knowledge and skills
- The principles of human resource planning to assure continuity of output and quality
- Definitions of authority and power; responsibility and accountability
- Concepts of delegation and empowerment
- Process of delegation including barriers and support mechanisms
- Techniques to monitor outcomes of delegation
For those seeking recognition for their learning, this course is based on the ILM unit: Understanding Organising and Delegating in the Workplace. Successful completion of the assignment will result in the achievement in 1 credit at Level 3.
For those seeking to achieve a qualification at Level 3, you will need to achieve a further 3 credits for the ILM Award or 12 credits for the ILM Certificate.
We recommend attendance of our 5-day course to achieve an ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management.
Course: £198.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 4:30PM @ Twigworth Court Business Centre