Business Start Up Course
Who should attend?
This course is for people who are imminently starting their own business and need to understand all the technical issues of running a business together with the day-to-day practicalities and to consider the approach for successful sales & marketing.
Why should you attend?
We can support you through this exciting time to provide practical help, tools and resources to ensure you get off to a flying start.
Day 1: Getting the basics right & managing your finances - Peter Blake
- The basics of setting up your business
- Choosing the right legal status
- Intellectual Property
- Regulations and licencing requirements
- The costs of starting/running a business
- Understanding Tax, National Insurance & VAT
- Preparing a cashflow forecast
- Understanding Profit & Loss accounts
- Bringing it all together – The Business Plan
Day 2: Finding customers – Sales & Marketing - Darren Stevens
- Effective market research
- Identifying your target market & creating a customer profile
- Who are your competitors
- The Marketing Mix
- Winning sales and the sales process
- Branding, advertising & promotion
- Choosing the right business name
- Social networking & internet marketing
- Customer care
- Bringing it all together – The Marketing Plan
Having attended the course, we are able to continue with one-to-one support to help you create a business plan. Please call us to book a Business Planning Meeting with our Business Adviser.
Course: £198.00 +VAT
Time & Location
9:30AM until 4:30PM @ Twigworth Court Business Centre